Hurricane Harvey made landfall on August 25 and is considered the largest flood-producing storm to impact the US. Record rainfall and unprecedented flooding continues to devastate densely populated areas along the Texas coastline (Greater Houston Metropolitan Area, Corpus Christi, Rockwall, etc.).
As of August 31:
– Harvey made landfall again and is hitting areas east of Houston
– FEMA expects over 450,000 victims and over 30,000 people in shelters
– At least 37 confirmed lives lost
– 25% of Texas’ population affected by Harvey so far
– Houston rain total on track to exceed 50 inches (800 year floodplain) – most rainfall from a storm in U.S. history
– Damage will be worse than Tropical Storm Allison in 2001 when 70,000 homes were flooded in Houston
– Expected to be the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history
100% of your tax-deductible donations will go towards housing needs for those who were devastated by tropical storm Harvey. Click the button to donate today, and please stay tuned for further updates.
Thank you for your generosity!