Leadership training is integral to the AREAA Education Foundation’s mission. Since 2010, the foundation has sought to train the next generation of real estate professionals, and to cultivate those who are up-and-coming AAPI leaders. To this end, the foundation launched the Leadership Enhancement Program. While the regional trainings that followed the launch were successful, the program will see a return to its original purpose in 2018–to train those who seek to serve AREAA in a leadership position, and to be effective leaders not just in their businesses, but also the AAPI community.
At the end of the program, participants should:
– Develop a vision statement that would anchor their leadership, and to communicate this vision with clearly defined goals
– Create a plan to cultivate relationships within AREAA, chapter constituents, business partners, etc.
– List specific ways that they can be a mentor
– Experience a culture of accountability by establishing a mastermind group among participants, and to review their progress based on their vision plan
Criteria & Requirements
The training is open to aspiring leaders or those who have demonstrated potential to serve, with the approval of their respective Board of Directors. Each chapter can send one representative to join. Kindly submit the following requirements to complete your application:
– Application Form
– Brief personal statement. Please see Page 3 of the application form for the questions.
– $100 chapter investment
– Recommendation letter from current AREAA National leader encouraged.
The Foundation will cover the following:
– Matching $100 stipend per participant
– Training fees and materials
Please note that hotel and airfare are not provided.
The Foundation will review nomination packets and select participants for the program based on the responses to the application, supporting documents, and the high potential status of the nominee, and other criteria identified by the Foundation Board of Directors and Education Committee members.
Point Loma Nazarene University | San Diego, CA
June 21 – arrivals, Welcome Dinner @ Stone Brewery Liberty Station, 5:30 PM PST
June 22 – Breakfast at 8 AM, full day training until 4 PM. Meals will be provided.
The room block is now CLOSED.
Download the application form here. Please send your completed application form to your chapter presidents or to Patricia firstname.lastname@example.org upon approval from your local board. For questions, call 619-795-7873 or email Patricia.
Please note that participation in this program does not guarantee a local or national leadership position, nor is it a requirement to serve as a leader.